nov7

November 7th 2015

What an exciting day, even if my body woke me up at 8am.
NOT John who came in at 2am...
I didn't even realize he was home!

Everyone started on a different mission
with us all winding up at brunch
that Judy had made.
A clean up from that meal
found us peeling and dicing some onions
that would end up in the freezer,
as we could smell that one bad one
was in my 25lb bag!
We also found homes for 50lb
of russet potatoes.

By 2 pm we were all cleaned up,
camera batteries charged,
and headed for the reindeer at Canadale.

So much fun looking at all the displays,
visiting the herd of 3
and photos with Mr and Mrs Claus.
John then took us to Berry Hill
where I had been last night,
so they could see what I was talking about,
and Judy fell in love with a mango tea
she got to sample.

Home with our heads full of ideas
for decorating the kitchen tomorrow.

Judy and Greg were off
for their 3 month anniversary date,
at Tiger Jacks in London
and then off to see a movie.

John and I stayed home
and basked in the quiet of our empty home,
and ate a quiet dinner snuggled on the sofa
watching a Bruce Willis movie.

Currently,
we are trying to convince our newbie
that Christmas gifts are not about
how MUCH you actually spend,
but how much THOUGHT went into the gift.

It's a hard road to drag someone down!!!!
My best examples included:

The fact that some women think,
1 carnation is more appreciated
than a dozen roses which die quickly.
(Especially if it is their favourite colour)
....but knowing that a stem of alstroemeria
is my favourite is so special.

The gift of a chocolate bar,
my favourite chocolate bar,
means more that an expensive piece of jewellery,
that is bought but not my style!

Sitting snuggled up on a sofa
watching a chick flick without complaint,
is more special than dinner and a movie out.

Gifts should not be monetarily decided....
a gift should be special
because the gift was chosen for the person
not bought in haste with a big budget.


Good night from my soap box on John Street

Comments

Popular Posts