nov8

November 8th 2015

Oh my.
How competitive is my family????


We were having coffee this morning,
when I suggested a contest.
As many chores as we could do by 5pm.

On our honour,
we all kept track of the chores we did
AND EVERYTHING counted.
SO John counted EACH room he swept,
and Judy counted each part of doing the laundry.

The winner had control of the remote tonight,
and the loser had to wash the dinner dishes by hand.

Judy broke out in a sweat at the beginning,
and John searched the house for small jobs
that could be done quickly.
I was doing chores that finished what they were doing...
like after John swept the stairs,
I put anti slip strips on them...
and we both had done a chore!

In the end it was a tight race,
John 37
Judy 35
Deb 32
and I will happily wash the dishes
as 104 chores were done around the house today!

John decided to call a halt
to chores today at that point,
as was his prerogative as the winner,
and made tonight a movie night.

Judy's night to cook,
found us at the dining room table
with fish sticks, fried rice and candied carrots.
Yuppers,
she went all out for her weekend dinner.
Next night I cook
I think canned soup is a good idea!
ugh...

We spent a lovely evening watching
Just off the Boat together,
having a few laughs.

A VERY successful day!

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts