nov27

November 27th 2015

Some days I feel like the little ball in a pinball machine. one minute moving with lightening speed towards accomplishing a goal, and the "ping" shot off track by an unseen paddle.

I slept in until 10:30 this morning, hoping that the extra sleep would give me a bit more energy today. I quietly left John snoring away, and headed downstairs for coffee, only to be confronted with a kitchen that needed disaster relief funding! Coffee was needed to face the mess.

A quick trip to the laptop, confirmed no one was up for a challenge day, so it was up to me to get myself going.

PING! photo printing sale at photolab. 168 prints later......

I have spent 2 days organizing my gift stockpile. it is time to get this wrapped. I have completed John, Judy and Greg, and they have been put under the tree. its the rest of my friends/family that needs wrapping. I am well into it when

PING! I am starving. Time to wrestle some leftovers out of the fridge, so I empty the dishwasher while I wait for the microwave. Sitting down to watch a tv episode was probably a mistake because

PING! John finally wakes up. It's 3:30 and he is in a silly conversation mood!!!! So I shut off the background noise and tried to focus on his conversation but.... thankfully, Judy and him start talking about?? and I am left to continue my wrapping.

PING! It's now suppertime. Anne has come and reclaimed the table I borrowed a year ago, and Pat has dropped off a bunch of craft items. Judy scarfs down some supper and runs out the door to Reserve weekend training and...

PING! John wants us to watch an episode of Hawaii 5-0. I start back to my task as he packs up to go to work when I knock over a pile of parcels over but I start making some headway into the piles when

PING! Charlotte finally reaches me on the laptop, for some reason my phone isn't working. So I fool with it and rebooting takes time. We make pick up arrangements for the morning.

Slightly off track but still hopeful, I begin stuffing photos in Christmas cards, knowing I want this job done.

PING! My mom calls (guess I fixed it) to tell me they finished her sunroom AND her new dining room set has arrived. I straighten the kitchen while we are talking.

TILT! It is 11pm and I have not packed for the crop in the morning. Guess it will be an early alarm setting and job in the morning.

Good night from my life on John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts