nov21

November 21st 2015

Somedays do not end up being exactly what you plan. The day I had today DEFINITELY falls in that category.

I woke up to a dusting of the  white stuff AND I was up at ugly o'clock in the morning. I was off to a crop to raise funds for the foodbank in Dorchester. The truck was packed, but I still needed something to work on. Turned out, I chose cross stitch not scrapbooking.

A nice crop of 18 ladies, some of whom I met a month ago, and ran into a woman who actually knows my sister! Small world.

It snowed all day in Dorchester, but nothing was staying. So, we were all quite surprised at 6:30 when this blanket of sticky white snow came down and stayed!

At 7ish I started packing up. Not much sense in rushing as tonight was the Santa Claus parade in St Thomas and I would be rerouted all over by traffic. Found out I do not know where my snow brush is, and said my good byes.

Yup, had to actually use a snow brush! The parking lot was slippery, but winter driving doesn't really scare me, so I headed to the 401 singing along with the radio

And then I spun out,

and almost lost complete control of the truck. At the last second, I managed to stop the sliding and spinning . Pulled off on the shoulder to finish having my heart attack. By now the snow was really thick there and coming down hard enough to reduce visibility by 50%!!!

Drove the 401 at 40, unsure of where the lines were most of the time and being bombarded by huge snowflakes. When I got home, St Thomas was having rain not snow!

We all spent the evening playing Who-ville-opoly and eating pizza.

Time for bed
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts