nov2

November 2nd 2015

What a day.

Going to take some getting used to, this having John home for long periods of time, but it is actually growing on me and the tension he usually displays and exhaustion on his face, is all but gone.

It was a day of surprise visits. First I had a lovely visit with Paula Booker in my new front porch, and then later in the afternoon, a visit from Cindy Litt. Supper was at Wimpy's with Pam Hedden and grocery shopping with Greg Brown.

I was very glad to be kept busy.

Judy's birth Mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Although estranged right now, Judy did go see her tonight. Many thanks to Kendryk who accompanied her there. A rough time for poor Judy, and a lot to absorb. We are hoping for more details soon, as there is more testing being done Wednesday and Friday.

After the visit she spent some time just relaxing and decompressing on the sofa with Greg. She seems ok for now. A lot to take in when you are just 18.

John is on a night run, with the likelihood of getting home before 2am unlikely...

So I am off to bed. I have made a dent in the "homeless" pile but tomorrow I intend to garbage, donate or find homes for the rest. Lunches for all have been made, and dinner for tomorrow night chosen.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts