mar20

March 20th 2015

What a wonderful day. 


That day where no one argues,
where teenagers are fun to be with,
where husbands do as they are asked,
and wives are generous with the budget
and things are funny
to all of you.

Judy was out of the house early this morning 
and went curling.
She LOVED it.


When she arrived home at 11;

John and I had already been up,
cleaned our room, made the bed and vaccuumed!
Scratch one item off the To Do List.

We also had made a grocery list
and checked the ads 
to see who was getting our business this week.
No Frills won out this time.
Scratch another item off the To Do List.

So, we gave her exactly 15 minutes to get ready
and the truck was leaving.
**she made it!

So off to London the family went.
We made jokes 
(at my expense)
and enjoyed the sunny drive.


I first needed a Dollarama run,
so they dropped me off and detoured over
to get drinks at Timmies.
Scratch that item off the To Do List.

Then it was a big grocery shopping trip.
I like grocery shopping
ALONE!
Being trailed by two people who have no idea 
what is needed but like the idea 
of helping...
is NOT helpful.
They also ask dumb questions like
"is that a good price?"
and "do we need...?"

All in all this part of the trip,
although it took longer
did not cost nearly as much as it could.


Scratch another item off the To Do List.

So into the truck again
and we were headed to Tiger Direct 
in search of a new DVD player for John.
Although they did not have one
we did find a new coffee maker.

Scratch another item off the To Do List.

As we drove down Exeter Road,
we decided to pop into Princess Auto.
No DVD players either...
but they had a sale on cargo carriers!
It was the perfect size,
I can lift it,
and it was a great price.
Not something we planned to do today,
but it was on the search for list!


Unexpected item off the To Do List.

It was time to bite the bullet
and off to the Flying J we went.
They had 1 DVD player left.
Not on sale but at least it was the price we expected.

Scratch another item off the To Do List.

Time to head back to town
as Judy had to work at 4 
and it was already 3!
Made a quick pit stop at the Hedden home
where John was able to get 
a "lunchbox"
food warmer for the truck.
His broke ages ago and I happened to mention this
at the perfect time.



Score, another item off the To (find and) Do List.

Got Judy home in time to get ready for work, 
while I got busy on getting the groceries
divided and put away.
House groceries, truck groceries,
cottage groceries........
PHEWWWW!
but...
Scratch another item off the To Do List.

While I was busy in the kitchen, 
and Judy was off to work,
John was outside 
detailing the inside of the truck 
and building and mounting
my new cargo hitch.
I love it and my scrapbook tool box
fits perfectly as you can see!


Scratch another item off the To Do List.

John needed a nap as he had to leave at 10pm,
so,
rather than rest,
I headed back out
to get the truck washed,
fill the gas tank,
pick up some door prizes for the crop,
and then off for coffee
with Caroline and Connie.
We got all our plans in order
for the drive to Port Lambton on Monday
and I gave myself brain freeze 
with a Timmies raspberry lemonade
TWICE!


Scratch another couple items off the To Do List.

Grabbed Malificent 
from the video store on the way home,
as I found out my family did not see it yet.
How could that be?
So I rushed around so supper would be ready 
the moment Judy walked in,
in hopes John would be able to see the whole movie 
before he had to leave.


Tonight was curry chicken.
It stunk.
My curry had no flavour.
We were very sad.
BUT
it was tasty
and the movie was good!

So I am taking it as a win
and another item off the To Do List.

Got John off to work, 
Judy off to bed
and the mess in this house can be tomorrows job!



Good night from John Street.
(we are all exhausted)


Comments

Popular Posts