feb28

February 28th 2015

My day with John today.
Groceries, bills, meals.........


There are some advantage
to a part time husband,
not many,
but a few.
Like having the WHOLE bed to yourself,
and never wondering if someone 
will get the last piece of cheesecake before you.
Never having to watch (with any regularity)
tv programs you don't like.



The down side to this arrangement
is we only have him home for 36 hours a week.

36 minus 2 nights sleep
= 20 hours
20 minus laundry
= 19 hours
19 minus 4-5 meals
= 16 hours
17 minus SSS time
= 15 hours
15 minus groceries for truck
= 14 hours
14 minus travel time to the yard (both ways)
= 13 hours
13 minus banking, gassing the car, bills etc
= 12 hours
12 minus the nap he always needs before he leaves
= 8 hours
8 minus the catching up with friends and on line
= 7 hours
7 minus one on one time with the daughter
= 6 hours left



Good grief,
lets hope there is no yard work,
house repair,
or in my case.........

a run to the hospital.
Naturally I had an attack 
JUST as John had to leave today.

That has to be a really hard decision
for someone to make.
Take the wife to the hospital
or go to work.
THANKFULLY
this is not the case for me.
I have a very large group of people
in my life who argue about who 
in fact 
gets to take me this time!


Although it took from 9:30pm to 6:30am
to get the hospital to agree to send me home
and what medications I would be on,
my niece Lacey was there 
being silly and taking care of me
the whole time.

We ended our adventure
at McDonalds
and ate enough for 4 people.
We were starving.

A drive home in the most beautiful snowfall EVER!
The snow actually looked like rhinestones!
So sparkly.


Thankfully this "attack"
can be treated with antibiotics
and will hopefully be over in the next 12 days.
Stupid kidney infection.

I don't always appreciate 
having a mobile phone 
but it was really nice that we could keep John informed
throughout the night,
so he would worry a little less.

So we start another week.
Lots to look forward to 
so I am off for some much needed sleep
and lots of rest.
I have to go dig Judy 
out of a snowbank at 2:30pm
in Dorchester.

Happy trucking John



Good night from John Street






Comments

Popular Posts