Saturday August 16th 2014




My life revolves around my family and friends.

Everything I do, and love, includes them.
So my love for scrap-booking is an obvious hobby for me.



It involves creativity. There are no real rules. Design and color are a major portion of the craft. It requires me to play with pretty paper. I use photos of those I love. There are treats to eat. Generally speaking it is a hobby you share with friends and sometimes MANY friends.

and sometimes.... if you are really lucky..... there are funeral sandwiches.
You know the ones.... the sandwiches cut into triangles. For the most part they are egg salad, roast beef, salmon, ham and cheese. I swear I could eat a whole platter!

Today's crop had all of those things! I was thoroughly exhausted by the time I got home. A fun day spent with friends. We talked, worked, ate and remembered.

I always come home and wonder why dragging all my equipment and setting myself up on uncomfortable chairs and cutting up paper only to glue it back together makes me so happy. Eating whatever someone else chooses, and dealing with uncontrollable temperatures of unknown locations.

It is because I am a group scrapper.

I like the community feeling at a crop.

I enjoy spending time with others who love the same things about this craft.


I do not enjoy scrap-booking by myself very often. What I like about doing this is the involvement. I like to hear others opinions, sharing ideas and seeing how others choose to scrap.

It was a wonderful day. A bbq when I got home with John and Judy, and I am off to bed very early.

Good night




Comments

Popular Posts