Sunday August 31st 2014
The end of "my summer alone"

What a lovely, lovely, lovely day! I wish more of my friends had been able to experience what an amazing day today was.

I woke up to find my wonderful family had finished cleaning the house for the big Tupperware brunch. What a great surprise that was. Finished the last minute preparations for the food and set the table, and had enough time to go online farming for a while.

The party itself was, although very warm, a lot of fun! We watched while she made a cake in the microwave, and showed us how to use the omelette maker and the chopper too!

As the day was closing and our family had a mexican supper, we watched the last of the Lonesome Dove series. A break around sunset gave us a chance to watch a new neighbour! A little cottontail rabbit has moved into our yard.

The holiday weekends, any holiday really, never usually means much around here because, as a trucker, John RARELY gets one. This one he actually got!
And already, it is almost over...........

Taking that into consideration, the fact that Judy could be the next of our St Thomas family off to college, as so many of my friends' kids did this weekend, PLUS, all the changes happening in my life..... I have chosen to accept what is put on my plate, and enjoy whatever is available to me each day, and keep recording it.

I am going to continue my blog

BUT

I am changing its name...... to "my NEXT 365 days".

My next 365 days will be a blur of activity.

Judy now has a job, plus cadets, plus band, plus school, plus, plus, plus. I am more aware of how fast time is going by and how quickly she may no longer need to live here. After watching so many of my friends having to let their own children fly from their nests this weekend, I worry about what I never got to do.
.
My parents are aging and my Dad is no longer as strong as he was.

John is my rock, but my rock is here only a limited time each week. I need to try to spend more time rebuilding our "just the two of us" life.

I celebrate each day my medications continue to work, and pray I do not need to worry about that for many years to come. I pray for comfort each night.

I would like to challenge my friends, family and readers.............

What will, or could change in the next 365 days in your life?
What do you need to remember about everyday
 or what do you need to remind yourself of, for the upcoming year?
Do you have a family to do list for the next year? I wish I had done that.

It does not need to be a blog,
maybe just a nightly facebook post.
I want to use some of my next 365 reading about MY friends.

I never understood a blog.
Actually, over the past 3 months, I have realized, even if NO ONE read this,
I have learnt that it is better to face a challenge or to face what comes my way head on,
not to hide from it, and to remember to ask for help when I need it.
I need to keep a schedule so I post each day.
I am more aware of how fast time goes by.
I actually look forward to writing these.



So, Starting September 1st 2014..........

It will be about celebrating the next 365 days.

Not worrying about what I haven't done,
or what I have done that I cannot change.
Just taking the day as it comes 
and doing my best to enjoy it, 
with as many as choose to do the same.

Please think about joining me.

Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts