Friday August 29th 2014.

So ends another month of 2014. At least this one goes out with a bang, as it is a long weekend too.


My morning started very slow.

I was very sore and tired.

But I got some clean pyjamas on

and said "get up body".


Surprisingly, my body did!



Judy and I managed to get a front door wreath made, birthday cards signed and the truck cleaned up before she left for a last lunch out before school starts at the local sushi restaurant. I stayed home and got the Disney tip envelopes made for Mom and Charlotte. When she got home we managed to hang new curtain rod holders and rehang the drapes in the living room. I ALMOST have my living room put back together! Yahoo.

I finally had "the talk" with mom, and I am so thankful for all those who helped with Dad's bucket list in May and August. He is now going to be going to a retirement home closer to Beamsville when she goes away. No more Valleyview. So if you were part of any of our entertainment plans in the last 4 1/2 years, I thank you. He is doing well and his memory is back. He is having troubles walking, but otherwise pretty healthy back at home. The therapists and doctors are at a loss as to what happened.


So Judy and I moved on to hanging curtain rods in the living room and dining room. I forgot just how inept my 17 year old is with tools!!! She had no idea how to use a power drill!!! Haahhahahha

But they got hung up and then the curtains too!
I am super excited that my new blinds should be here this weekend.


I am all alone tonight. My little girl has gone to the drive in. She and her friends can drive. When did that happen? When did I become the mom who was ok with her teenage daughter GOING to the drive in when BOYS were involved......ugh. I feel old. I taught her well though, she brought her snacks rather than buying them there! Smart girl.

Sunday is my big Tupperware brunch.
So far we are having omelettes, smoothies, and pecan/pumpkin cake! I can't wait. I don't know what else is coming....or even what else I am providing, but everyone is welcome to pop over between 11 and 2 to meet Pam Silva and watch her use the omelette maker (I LOVE OURS) and the new chopper. I already have my order ready. DO NOT forget to bring your broken Tupperware to be replaced! Doesn't matter how old it is..........

Well, I guess that's a wrap.
Bed time for mom.

Hoping to wake with a fantastic attitude and accomplish lots.

Good night.


Comments

Popular Posts