Saturday August 30th 2014

Comfort.

Some people dream of riches, or dream houses,
fancy cars or boats or islands all to themselves.

I am not saying that I would not like to experience all those things,
but, I think if I was to wish for something....... it would be comfort.

Never to be hot again, or cold!
Never to want something and it not be in the fridge or cupboard.
Never to worry if the money is in the account
or if today's sick day will make the cheque too small.
To always be sure my child is well taken care of,
even when I am not there to do the protecting.
To never have pain..................

hmmmmmm what that would be like..... comfort.

com·fort
ˈkəmfərt/
noun
noun: comfort
  1. 1.
    a state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint.
    "room for four people to travel in comfort"
    • things that contribute to physical ease and well-being.
      plural noun: comforts
      "the low upholstered chair was one of the room's few comforts"
    • prosperity and the pleasant lifestyle secured by it.
      "my father left us enough to live in comfort"
      synonyms:easerelaxationreposeserenitytranquilitycontentment, coziness;More
  2. 2.
    the easing or alleviation of a person's feelings of grief or distress.
    "a few words of comfort"
    • a person or thing that helps to alleviate a difficult situation.
      "his friendship was a great comfort"


It is not that I do not WISH for world peace, 
and an end to abuse of any sort. 
I wish for those things too. 

BUT

if we were all wishing just for...... comfort,
maybe it would make things better everywhere.


If only it was that easy. 

Good night





Comments

Popular Posts