Dec 28

28-12-2018

Slept in a bit
And then over to check on Mom.

Did some laundry,
Did some dishes,
Set up for coffee,
While Mom got dressed.
She's moving around really well
And really can do without the cane.

Unfortunately
My cousin got sick and was unable
To stop by as planned today.

After cleaning up from
A lovely Friday coffee,
Mom had some lunch
And headed for a nap.

I had planned to do some errands
But ended up scheduling
A ton of LDO events for 2019.
No noise, no distractions
And I accomplished a lot.

Suddenly it was 5pm.
Mom was up
And on went the tv.
Made Mom some supper
And heated up some leftover chinese
For myself and sat.

John called
and said he wasn't feeling great
So he was staying home.

I put out all the garbage and recycling,
Loaded more of my stuff
Into my car then went and
Washed the dinner dishes
And set up mom's night table,
Refilled her ice pack
And left her with a treat.

Tink and I headed for the house.
Where he promptly decided
To tour the entire neighborhood
Before I caught him.

Cars emptied,
Making a large mess of my front porch,
And I flopped on the sofa.
Not sure John was as sick
As he made out to be,
But I was as tired as I looked!

In bed by 9:15pm.

Not everyday can have
A ton of highlights!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts