Dec 19

19-12-2018

Today I left mom alone
To fend for herself
EVEN
When I was actually here.

She did awesome
Made her own lunch
And washed the dishes.

Me on the other hand wonder
Just where (in today's case)
20+ hours went.

7am - let dog out,
Advised Mom she was on
Her own for the day
And I went back to bed.
9am - John arrived for his groceries
(I bought late last night)
And I went back to bed
10am - up dressed
Went upstairs to set up
A wrapping area for Mom
And I left!

From then until 3 is a blur!
Straight to London:
Dollarama W (hats)
Loblaws (pick up pictures)
Taco Bell (lunch)
Michaels (boxes)
Len's Mills (snowsuit for John)
Old Nave (waste of my time)
Additionelle (bra)
Pier One (another waste)
Dollarama S (no hats, chocolate cops)
Back to St Thomas for a pick up.

Got back to the condo
And started bagging candy
For my pop up store at Valleyview
(From 1 to 4) tomorrow.
After getting about half done,
I got ready to go
And took Mom to see
Mary Poppins returns. (2.5 hours!)
With a pick up at home
And a Dollar Tree stop
For more candy bags before.

Upon arrival,
I took Mom over to see Santa
And had her picture taken!

The movie was good,
Way less people than I expected
And Mom was ok until
The last 20 minutes or so
When her leg started to ache.

Back to the condos,
Pjs on... I got to work
Melting chocolate, bagging
And keeping track of costs.

At 1am I was happy with what I had
Packed it up and...
Yeah!
I forgot about a repair
I promised to do for tomorrow.

Naturally,
The bulb was burnt out
On the sewing machine
And it fought me tooth and nail
To do this simple repair.
3 straight lines.... I begged it.
It gave in.

I have a couple things
Left to pack in the am...
But ready to do them in quick order
And then off to coffee
With dad... and donuts
I think Spicer's donuts tomorrow.

Good night from Vineden Drive
Or morning. It's 2:30am

Comments

Popular Posts