Dec 10

10-12-2018

Monday.

Mom is doing pretty well
And thankfully
Can handle getting herself
From bed to the bathroom now,
So I got to sleep in a bit.

By 9:30am I had her fed
And then we got her dressed.
Today she was going to get
All those staples out.
John had agreed to take her.

Mom asked at 10:30
For me to please come.
She had totally worked herself
Up into a panic about the removal.
I had to run down to get dressed
While John warmed up the car...
As I had planned to go back to bed!

The doctor took us right in
And everything looks great.
She held my hand and was brave
MOST of the time...
I on the other hand stupidly
Watched and almost passed out.
WTG Deb.

All done,
We all headed over to see Dad
As we had promised to visit.
He had forgotten
And was so excited to see
All of us there including Tink.

Staff, residents and Dad
Were happy to say hi to us all...
But Mom was exhausted
And we only stayed a short time.

Back to the condo,
I made lunch but Mom was not
In any condition to eat.
I put clean sheets on her bed
And tucked her in.

Then we both took a nap.
At 5pm,
I got up and got going.
I am feeling much better today,
Not normal (but when was I ever that?)
But I am much better.

Chicken fingers and tater tots tonight
And Mom ate lots.
We sat and watched Disney weddings,
After I folded a load of laundry
And clean the kitchen.
Well I did anyway
Mom kept falling asleep.

She was sent to bed
And was almost immediately
Asleep because she finally
Worked out how to roll
Onto her side to sleep.

I put up her little tree,
Got lights onto it.
John left for work
And I shut down the house.

All ornaments left to use are out
And ready on the table
For her to decorate the tree tomorrow.

Now I am watching
The last of this cooking show
Then heading to bed.

Good night from Vineden Drive

Comments

Popular Posts