Dec 21

21-12-2018

Today literally FLEW by!

I slept right through the night
And finally got up
(Not awake yet)
At 9:30 am.....
I crashed on by bed before 5pm
Yesterday evening,
Got up for 1 (one) hour
Before the going back to bed.
THAT is tired.

So,
I headed upstairs
To clean up the disaster
The condo had become.
Decorating, wrapping, baking
And making chocolates
Had taken it's toll
And coffee friday was at 11am.

By 10:30
I had the house looking spiffy,
So after getting the house in shape
And starting the coffee,
Putting out treats
And helping her shower,
I headed for my room with
Good intentions of a shower.
Not to happen as I heard the girls
Starting to arrive!

I cleaned up, got dressed
And headed up the stairs (again).
Some small gifts exchanged
And cookies eaten,
Everyone hugged and by 2ish
Everyone was gone.

Into the car,
As Mom needed the bank.
That is when she finally realized
She hadn't eaten yet today!!
I stopped and she ate a Happy Meal.

She also discovered (she admitted)
after 3 days of me
"Letting" her do it all,
She found out that:
#1 she forgets to eat regularly
#2 she is NOT ready to do housework
#3 she forgot ice on her leg (2 days)
#4 she is not comfortable
Getting a shower alone in the house yet
#5 putting gifts on upper shelves
Is not smart for a less than 5' woman
Who just had knee surgery
#6 I had her drinking WAY
More water than she had been
For the last 3 days
#7 laundry does not magically get done
#8 filling the sink with dishes
Does not wash them
#9 gifts at the basement tree was great
Until she needed them and couldn't
Get to them!!!!
#10 she can let the dog out
But not on her cane she needs her walker
And it still makes her nervous
#11 the homemade gifts she has been
Working on for months are still not ready
#12 me being bossy has her doing more
Than she would if doing this alone.

Not news to me!!!!
And I did not need
a pat on the back,
It was more of  the "wake up" call,
She really needed...
That wanting to do it
And being able to do it
Are two very different things.

On the way home from Aylmer,
I took her to Family Flowers
To get a half price pointsettia
(Of her choice) from Dad.
We even went to the stable
And fed the baby goat.
So cute!!!!!

Back home she was exhausted,
And off she went to bed.
I got her water and left her to sleep.

Cleaned up from coffee,
Put away all the candy from
Yesterday's $2 table at Valleyview,
Prepped dinner...
Mom wanted mac and cheese.

Job #1 Make the bed
Job #2 fold and hang laundry
Job #3 put Mom's away
Job #4 wrap gifts
Job #5 organize the gift room
Job #6 finish a couple homemade gifts
Job #7 eat supper (feed Mom)
Job #8 keep wrapping
Job #9 set Mom up at a table
To work on her homemade gifts
Job #10 check in with John
Job #11 involved 4 projects and a glue gun
Job #12 load dishwasher
Job #13 wrap some more
Job #14 set up Mom for the night
Water, meds, ice for her leg etc
Job #15 let Tink out and shut down all
Outdoor lighting
Job #16 Meds, pjs, shut down rec room

Now I am in bed
Wishing I had 4 more hours
In this day
And wondering where all
the last 13 hours disappeared!!!!

Good night from Vineden Drive

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts