Dec 30

30-12-2018

A lazy, sleep filled day.

I took today off
Off of EVERYBODY.

John left at 9:30am
(Still sleeping)
And took Tink and Mom to Valleyview
To do coffee Sunday.

I slept, slept and slept.

John texted at 12:30
"Am I allowed to come home?"
(Still sleeping)
I replied pleasantly
"As long as you stay in the garage.

About 1pm.
I got up, dressed in shorts
And proceeded to put away
All my clothes from Christmas
And what I had, at the condo.
I cleaned drawers, downsized, hung,
Folded, donated and stripped the bed.
Happily my room looked awesome.

I put away items in the guitar room
And straightened that up.

Tidied the bathroom.

What? John's punishment
For not staying away today?

Hahhahaha
He had to put sheets on the bed
And vacuum the whole upper floor.

I headed downstairs.
Grabbed a couple slices of cold pizza,
And decided to work from the outer rooms
Into the central dining area.

Back bathroom was first.
Not much to do, tidying
And removing what did not belong there.

Front porch.
It has been a major drop zone
While I was at the condo.
Slowly everything was put away.
(John even swept it
Without me asking)

The kitchen was easy,
Mostly stuff that had a home
But needed to be put away.
A pile of junk John " cleaned"
By piling it behind something else
And a big garbage bag
For all the packaging.
Old calendars thrown put
And counters cleared.

I had straightened the living room
When I was eating pizza,
So that left the mound
Of lost souled items on the table.

Linens folded and away,
Gifts unpackaged and put away,
Cards all piled...
Btw thank you everyone for all
The Christmas wishes!
For the first year ever,
John got to open all the cards!

Cardboard recycled,
Garbage out
And suddenly I had my house back!

So I went back to bed.
Made another series of events
For 2019 LDO,
And fell asleep again.

John (good hubby)
Made us spaghetti and meat sauce
With cheesy garlic bread for supper.
It smelt so good it woke me up.

By 7pm,
I was upstairs sorting my meds
For the next 4 weeks.
And now...
I am signing off for tonight.

I have much rest to catch up on,
And I want to be awake for
Tomorrow night's party!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts