Dec 17

17-12-2018

It was a PLANNED day of wrapping
That quite often slipped
Off the rails in so many directions.
I am trying to accomplish one job,
But noticing 10 others.

I was wide awake at 6:30am.
At 8 I gave in and got up.
Got dressed, made my bed
And headed up to get Tink
Ready for the day
And found Mom awake.

She is now on a cane
And can walk and carry a drink now.
So when she sat down,
I gave her presents to wrap
While we waited for the therapist.

The therapist was very happy
With her 92% mobility!!!!
This was his last visit until
The other leg gets done.

I had started straightening
The rec room bookcases
While looking for something
Last week.
I never got back to it,
And could see the mess
While I wrapped gifts.

So I took a break
And tidied up the 8 drawers
The way I had been asked to.
I ended up with 2 empty!
I also finished the 6 of the 8
Cupboards to the unit too.

Back to wrapping.
Lunch time and I had Mom
go through a pile of prebought
Gifts I found while straightening.
We were now at 1 bag of garbage
And 1 bag of donations.

Hmmmmmm
She was in the mood to downsize.
So I grabbed a drawer full of junk,
A box full of doilies from the 70's,
Some linens
And some of my Dad's clothes.

Donate donate donate.

Yes!
Out came suitcases
And extra blankets
And a drawer full of tablecloths
She forgot she even had!!!!

Donate donate donate.

As a reward
I ordered our tickets
To go see Mary Poppins
On Wednesday night.

John had arrived by now
And we all had shepherds pie
For supper.
He did the dishes
While I went back to wrapping.

That is, until I needed something
From my room in the guest room closet!
So it was next on the hit list.
I didn't even ask on some of it!
Just time for it to go.
I reorganized the shelves
Which in turn gave me a TON
Of extra space to put away items
That till now had been on the closet floor.

John bagged and dragged for me
And even moved the extra wheelchair
Into the shop so I had a little room
In an overfurnished space.

On a roll,
I downsized Mom's VHS collection
Of "taped off tv" shows.
Bye bye!
The significant space I gained
Will shock her when she
Is able to come down again.

John got what I was doing
And stopped questioning it.
When Mom is ready to part
With all this crap - you just go.
We are now at 6 bags of donations
And 3 of garbage.

I went back to wrapping
While he adjusted the bed frame
In the guest room for me.
I needed some tissue paper
And realized I had been asked
To bring up more of the christmas
Dishware for christmas eve
From those cupboards.

O
M
G
3 more cupboards were torn apart
Reorganized and extra space found.
The excess of the 80's
Lives in this condo!
Hahhahhahahhaahhaha
7 bags of donations
And 4 garbage.

I was even able to acquire
An open shelf
To store disposable party items!!!!

Mom was taking care
Of decorating the tree upstairs
And having fun doing it.

I wrapped one more large gift
And shut down the wrapping area.
Sore and exhausted
We cleared the stairs
And started shuttling down lights.

John was off to work,
Mom off to bed
And I crashed here on this bed,
The room feeling much more open.

Tomorrow,
I will hit that wrapping again.
Late night shopping trip
With the girls is booked.
John is on Mom duty
And I am ready for a night off!

I have a couple small pick ups,
Ingredients for homemade chocolates
And a few groceries
Which we will list tomorrow
During lunch.

For now
I need some robaxacet
And some sleep.

Good night from Vineden Drive

Comments

Popular Posts