Dec 24

24-12-2018

Merry Christmas Eve.

In my family,
This is the big day.

This year it is Chinese food
For dinner and homemade gifts.
I finished my last homemade gift
At 7:30am in bed.

Then a nap!!!!
When I did get up,
I spent until 12pm cleaning
And straightening up.

John arrived and he did the floors
And we moved furniture around
And set the dining table.

Dad was the first to arrive
And BEFORE Mom was even out of bed!
She made quick work
Of getting dressed and then
Came out to show off
That she can now walk
WITHOUT a walker or cane.

Homemade gifts were fun!
Such a talented family!

Chinese food arrived
And there was sooooooo much food.
We all ate like kings.

Alcoholic drinks for tonight
Included, but we're not limited to:
Mudshakes, cherry brandy and cointreau.

For the first time since Mom came home
From her knee surgery
I am sleeping in MY house
In MY bed!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts