dec15

December 15th 2015

What a wacky day! I was up until 1am and wide awake again by 3:30am!!! I sat downstairs, watching the fireplace on tv and my tree, doing a few chores. I finally fell asleep at 7 for another 2 hours.

Then it was up and off to stock up for gingerbread house making tonight and fancy cookie decorating tomorrow.

Done by 11am and good thing because I was pooped! Back to bed at noon until 3pm. Judy and I did manage to get the lights on the dining room tree, and we built a beautiful house this year. Even John helped.

A chicken and broccoli meat pie with fresh cut fries before sitting down to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Some days,
it just doesn't get better.












Christmas thought of the day: doorsteps

For many children of European heritage, the doorstep, in the children's shoes, was where Santa left their gifts and treats. It was important to have it clean and neat for that arrival...

The doorstep is also where you greet your guests and say your last good byes.
A nicely decorated doorstep is inviting and the first greeting your guests receive. Make your home's doorstep something you would feel welcome at. After all, who knows who or when someone special may arrive! 

My doorstep is special to me because THE MOMENT the real estate agent opened the front door of this house on John Street (I had not been in more than the porch at that moment) I felt HOME. I told her immediately to make an offer. She gently suggested I see more than just the front porch!

Good Night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts