dec10

December 10th 2015

I was supposed to rest today,

but I feel so far behind,
that I did quite a bit.
I wasn't GOING to go out
but ended up going out twice today!

I made pumpkin pasta sauce
for the first time
from a fresh pumpkin I had.
I got the sewing machine rolling
and finished 2 projects.

I cleaned,
organized,
straightened,
and got some order
in some messy places in the house.

Lunch and supper was on the fly,
taking only enough time to eat
and watch one episode of Warehouse 13.

Suddenly it is after midnight
and time for bed again.
My days are getting away from me.


Thought for today:
what is Christmas? Joy to the world

I was talking to my neighbour tonight and both of us are Christmas fanatics, but this year with the milder weather (not complaining), we are having problems getting our spirit meter to get past the on mark. Usually by now we are in full swing and teasing each other about what we have accomplished.

What makes Christmas, joyful for you?

I think I need that snow to make this Christmas scene look proper. I guess I will never be the bikini and palm tree Christmas girl. I need what has always been a part of my holidays.

I do not need presents but I love surprises! So watching people open a gift I am especially proud of finding is sometimes more fulfilling than getting something myself. Usually I am last to open my gifts because I am so enthralled watching everyone else. In a way, their smiles are my gift. They bring me joy.

I am looking forward to our annual Ladies Day Out Christmas Party. Although I no longer attend the Friday afternoons, all the women who have been my friends for years will be there, and it will bring me great joy to surprise them.

After getting all $160 worth of cookies separated into 13 equal portions, we all ended up with 2 cases of mixed cookies.






Judy says she thinks this is a part of Christmas,



and gave me a hand when she got back from Reserve training tonight. We do not accept shipping off broken ones, so there are always munchies while we do it.

I guess it is time to say good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts