dec18

December 18th 2015

May have been overdoing it the last few days.

I got up early

and was at it again by 9am.
Unfortunately about 3pm
my back hurt so much
I was walking on a visible angle!!!

I spent the rest of the night
sitting quietly
watching a bit of tv
and making plans to complete
the decorating with some
extra hands tomorrow!

John came home
and we had supper together
but he was off to bed early
as he has to be back on the road
in just a few hours

Thought for the day: Christmas missions

It is my mission to make my family's holiday as special as I can, and keep family traditions alive, as our family starts the very hard change from having a child during the holidays, to it being all adults. But... we also take time during all our festive plans to remember how lucky we are.

Every year our mission is to ensure one retirement home's residents all get a Christmas card from Santa. We support local food drives, the women's shelter and Inn for the Night a local homeless shelter.

My mission the last few years is to reduce the "gifts" not necessarily meaning the number of gifts but trying not to put a monetary value on our holiday. With limited success, we have taught Judy that it is not always the money spent that means something. It is the thought behind the gift.



Good Night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts