dec4

December 4th 21015


It got serious around here today.
Small messes in every room!
An anal retentive person like me
CANNOT stand that!
So it was a morning of serious cleaning around here.
Really how hard is it to put your lunch bag
IN the lunch cupboard????????
What started as straightening
got me into some scrubbing and decluttering too.

I am happy that my living room is finally decorated.
I think out of all the trees I put up,
the living room one is the most cherished.
Lots of heritage ornaments and Christmas reds.
I overlight it so it sparkles.
It is a calming room for me
in the business of the Holidays.
















I spent the evening alone.
Judy is at training AGAIN this weekend.
John took off for work and left me alone for the evening, so I decided to get a few crafts completed. I wanted these for ME, not to make as gifts.














Hard to believe that took 4 hours to make.
But I love them!
And now I am tired.

The thought for today:
picture a Christmas

After Christmas is all over,
I sit back and wonder if I could change the outcome of some of my Holiday. If I could somehow make it even better.
NOT how much more I could buy, that is not something I stress over. I wonder if I should have gone to visit a cousin, if it was worth not sending that card to a friend because it cost $1 for a stamp, and if I could have made less of a fuss about how the ornaments were placed on the tree.

I do not picture a perfect Christmas. Even the ones I memorialize in my mind, I know were not perfect. Stress causes arguments, extra family and guests causes exhaustion and trying to fit into 1 week, what we should be doing all year, causes meltdowns.

Take a moment to picture your perfect photo opportunity, not your perfect Christmas. Memories are in the moment, not in the season. A photo of a child with its very favourite Aunt is special whether it is taken in May or December.

Celebrate the picture perfect moments this year.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts