dec24

December 24th 2015

Another year of "the organized Christmas"
and another year I spent Christmas Eve
fairly stress free,
well organized,
everything planned for
and ready for the upcoming days
that will be rushed
with people, presents and food.

For a few years now
we (Judy and I)
have given John a screens free Christmas.
No phones, laptops or computers
during any part of Christmas Day
and Boxing Day.
The tv can only be used
to play Christmas movies
for the whole family.
I challenge you and your family
to give this a try.
We are definitely more aware
of each other and what is happening
during this holiday season.

So I will leave you tonight
and be back Boxing Day night.


Thought for the day: the village

I have always believed it takes more knowledge, than one set of parents has, to raise a child. I like the saying "it takes a village to raise a child".

It also applies to Christmas. Weeks of planning and organizing and cooking ALONE will not make anyone merry! Spread the cheer, invite friends over to help, invite family to join in your preparations. I am well aware I am a perfectionist, but I am also aware that if I give the job of icing on smartie buttons on gingerbread men to someone else, it will free me up to do the trim perfectly the way I want.

A village is made up of many talents. Not everyone is going to appreciate making cookies, but might love to sit and sign their cards together over coffee! Challenge a friend to make their place cards at the same time even if you live in different cities!

I truly hope you’ve enjoyed this journey with me and my family as we’ve discovered more about the reason behind this Christmas season. I pray that your family will be blessed this year to find peace in the holidays!


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts