dec8

December 8th 2015

Wow today was a blur. I swear time was ticking away faster today. I accomplished only everyday regular chores until Judy came home and then together we finally located the antique train, the missing linen box and the ribbon to make bows for the outside decorations, in the basement.

Judy and I attacked the big TO DO's on our list and got a truck full of laundry washed tonight. The seasonal blankets and pillows and costumes are now all ready for use.

We also got the banking and groceries done!
When we got home, a late supper of hot dogs and home cut fries made watching a Christmas special that much nicer.


Thought for the day: far far away

I am sitting here quietly in the dark of my living room with only my sparkly tree and this laptop screen giving light to the room. It is actually one of my favourite times of day. Quiet, child in bed safe and sound, I just spoke to John and know he is ok too. I can faintly hear the music to my outdoor lights playing. No wonder I leave my tree up so long. I do not like living without these kind of moments.







All the problems of the day, the world and my life seem so far away when I sit here.








Christmas has that kind of magic. It magically can allow you to indulge in fantasy, to believe in what you cannot see or touch, revel in the magic that is a part of this season. Those who do not believe, who have lost their faith in the magic of Christmas, religiously or just in the holiday, can be seen stomping through stores, complaining. The spirit of the season lost to them, because they feel the need to BUY the holiday, or they feel alone, or they have bought into the whole bigger is better theory.


No matter what problems I face this season, these singular moments of pure peace are the part of Christmas I love, far far away from the madness of the holiday.


And I wish that same feeling to all my friends and family this season too.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts