dec14

December 14th 2015

What a yucky morning!
I woke feeling awful,
looked outside and it was raining,
then suddenly it was foggy...
so I went back to bed.

I got up at lunchtime feeling much better,
and suddenly the sun was trying to come out.

I spent the afternoon resting,
while my vegetable soup simmered,
watching Warehouse 13.

After a successful stop at Dollar Tree
for treat boxes...
I got Judy from school.
It was a miserable storm
in St Thomas by then
and I was happy to be home again.

Judy and I sorted the treats
we have made or bought to this point,
into boxes for the upcoming holiday events.
Then, as we leave for each event,
we grab a stack and go.

The evening was spent
making last minute lists of items we need,
and materials for our gingerbread house,
tart making
and homemade chocolates.

We tried to start decorating the dining room,
but we found out all our white lights
are shot.
So,
I added new lights to my list for tomorrow.


Christmas thought of the day: Bethlehem

Bethlehem was a fair distance for the young couple to go, just to be counted. Especially far when pregnant and on a mule!

Christmas is a journey.
Not the many journey's you make to the store,
the journey home,
back to family,
a journey filled with memories,
some good and some bad,
many happy and some sad.

One Christmas Eve I sat in church
for midnight mass,
crying the whole time.
We had lost a friend that morning.
Not a happy Christmas Eve,
but the memory of him is a part
of every holiday now,
never to be forgotten.

I hope the journey
you and your family take each holiday
is mostly good and happy memories.

Good Night from John Street.




Comments

Popular Posts