dec13

December 13th 2015

John and I took the time to have breakfast with Judy and then kicked it into high gear and got some bitty bits of decorating completed.

We were thoroughly pleased with the progress we made, and were sitting relaxing by 5pm.


Nachos for supper and then National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on DVD.

A great night.


Christmas thought today: nativity

Even if you are not religious, the nativity scene is associated with Christmas worldwide.
The scene of a newborn child bringing hope however is not just a thought for Christmas.
A baby is a symbol of love and peace (not quiet for sure) and family gathering to celebrate the safe arrival of a new special family member.
My manger scene and I have 2, is a precious moments version given to me by my Mother. The other set is a plastic one I bought myself when I moved to London. It is now the toys I leave out for visiting children to play with during the season. When Judy was younger it inspired many questions about the small plastic people and animals stored in the little red basket.


Good Night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts