dec6

December 6th 2015

What a lazy bum I am!
I have absolutely nothing to brag about today.
I got up,
ran out to the dollar store,
ummm did some unnecessary piddling,
collected money for the cookie exchange,
ate supper with John,
and watched tv!

Christmas thought for today: away in a manger

I am not going religious with this one.
This is how I feel sometimes
when we are invited to stay
out of town.
No matter how nice the room is,
its not YOUR bed,
YOUR sheet smell,
or likely YOUR pillow!

Curb the idea of staying away
for long periods over the holidays
no matter how tempting it is!
I have been prone to this,
the idea of the 2 hour drive
seems insurmountable...
and yet: it still has to happen!
EVERYONE prefers their own bed
not a manger...
Be aware that the kids
will sleep through a night drive
but will be WIDE awake
tomorrow morning when you leave.

Good night from John Street



Comments

Popular Posts