june24

June 24th 2015

I woke today with a migraine.
Ugh.
That headache last night multiplied 10 fold by 6am.




At 11am,
I was woken up in my dark room 
with a phone call from hubby.
I popped some more liquid advil,
and by noon could at least manage to get out of bed.

The mess.
2 flats of strawberries needed hulling 
BEFORE the fruit flies got them.
Luckily Judy needed a favour,
so between Kendryk and her
they made short work of getting them ready 
for me to bag and freeze.

Charlotte popped by to say good bye
as she leaves on vacation.

Today 
was the day I have been looking forward to
and dreading at the same time!



Judy wrote her last exam,
and she passed all her courses!
She will graduate tomorrow

from St Joseph's High School.
It's not like I thought she wouldn't!!!!
but it is such a relief to hear the words.



This is Judy in April 1994.
2 months after she moved in we had her baptized.
She was just so small and scared.
My little dress up doll.
She loved having her hair done
and wearing dresses and patent shoes with ruffly socks.

We were so excited
2 years later when all the paperwork 
was FINALLY signed and she took our name.
Our little princess.

So many events to celebrate,
vacations enjoyed,
losses shared,
mistakes made,
love given and received,
proud moments
and moments to be forgotten.

I could see her growing up,
I could see the changes
and know the clothes were bigger,
but
all through those times,
I seen that scared little girl
who fit right into our lives like a lost puzzle piece.



Now this beautiful woman lives in our house.
I do not think I will ever get over

the shock I received when I seen this picture
in December 2014.
Where did my little princess go?

Now she can drive on her own,
has her own car,
a job
and a high school diploma.
She will soon be in the Reserves.

14 years...... poof.



Tomorrow is a big day.
I REFUSE 
to be in the background with the camera!!
I am leaving that for someone else.
I earned the honour 
of enjoying
watching this beautiful puzzle piece,
take another step towards her adult life,
and I am determined not to miss any of it.


I am tired but smiling at all the memories I have.
Thank you Judy,
for sharing your life with us.

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts