june14

June 14th 2015
 
What a wonderfully rainy day. 
Not much you can do about it,
and I am sure the farmers are actually happy
that there is some accumulation not just a short lived cloudburst.
 
 

I did some major sleeping in this morning.
Just as I got up,
John came home again.
Weird weekend with him not having
a full 36 hours straight off at home,
but I am a truckers wife and will survive.

Judy spent most of her day finishing a French ISP.
I decided to take the day as rest time.

John and I watched a Woody Harrelson movie,
(I love him)
but I was quite happy when he got knocked off
in this one.


 
 Now to show my age....
remember as a kid that being the highlight of the week?
I am not begrudging Sunday shopping,
I do it often.
I however am one of the people who grew up with
Friday night tv.
Dad took off for his hobby shop,
(he was in a model railroaders club)
and we would grab the popcorn
and sit down for tv night with mom.
All the way to 9pm Loveboat
and  10pm Fantasy Island.



Sundays were the same except Dad was there.
I remember the itinerary growing up.
church,
donuts,
visit a relative or home for a board game,
or the sunday afternoon movie, 
Wonderful World of Disney
Looney Tunes Hour
Carol Burnett show.
Then it was time to make your lunch for school,
bath and bed.
Funny how that sticks with you for so long.



Today,
our house does not even have cable!
To ensure we have days and memories like that,
we rent movies.
The lineup is alright now but so many programs are the same,
reality or gore.
I do not wish back the old days,
but would love to have those memories with my daughter!

Anyway!
After John headed for a nap and Judy off to work,
I was left to my own devices for a few hours.
A little more sorting craft stuff,
while I waited to have supper.

I may not have television here,
but I am glad I have friends online to talk to!
I also have friends who loan out their old laptops
so I do not have a conniption fit
that my poor farm cannot be tended to!
Thanks Jason.



Supper tonight?
Vegetable lasagna and Grandma's spicy meatballs.
Judy authenticated the meatball taste,

as she is a connoisseur of hers.

Jocelyne stopped by
with my new purse!!!!!!!!!
It is turquoise and I love it.
I will be showing it off at card class tomorrow.

One more movie before John left,
and another Sunday is all wrapped up.

Hard to believe I did so little,
but I needed the rest I guess.

Good night from John Street.




 
 

Comments

Popular Posts