june22

June 22nd 2015

Well, apparently soothing chimes
is not the best alarm on my phone
for me!
I slept in.....
grrrrrrr
rush around to get on the road
as my infusion is 40 minutes away.


I did get there a bit late but they were behind anyway.

Sucks to say,
but my regular nurse in on vacation
and the other nurse missed getting the IV in the first time.
Anyone who knows me knows...
1) I am NOT a  morning person
2) this infusion, however helpful, is not my favourite day
3) needles make me panic
4) If I had known such a thing was happening
I would have reverted to my happy meds BEFOREHAND
5) dumb irritates me.

Her second attempt was in the crook of my elbow,
and she got it on the first try.

But by that time, 
there were already tears and a massive change in my blood pressure
that invited other side effects,
like shivering uncontrollably
(naturally forgot my blanket)
but they got me some apple juice and a cookie
and after an hour, 
everything was settled down again.

The rest of the day sucked
because I acquired a particularly nasty headache
and sleep would not come.


I am saying good night early,
BEFORE
the **predicted tornado storms hit.
We battened down what we could 
and well now we hope for the best.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts