june23

June 23rd 2015

It is amazing that even with planning
a person can be this far behind!
The grad dress was bought a year ago,
and yet it is not hemmed,
nor adjusted.

The corsages were finished tonight,
but the centerpiece for the table still waits to be finished.
Grandparent gifts unfinished
card unsigned
the list goes on and on.

I made a pretty good dent today
in the overwhelming list
but added to the mess by getting Judy
to pick 2 flats of strawberries that need to be hulled now.

A lot of the mess in the house is the fact that
I did not have enough of something
or can't quite finish the project until.....

Tomorrow's list is made,
and as Judy leaves for her final exam
with my truck,
I will endeavour to get a ton done
so we can celebrate this moment in her life.

Wow.
Graduating.
I know it was a long time ago....
but it doesn't seem THAT long ago I was graduating at her age
and headed off to my new life in London.

good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts