june25

June 25th 2015

I was awake earlier than intended.
but
I was too excited to go back to sleep.


Now despite the fact that I am a planner/lister
who works with post it notes and clipboards
for EVERYTHING
I have a habit of indulging myself
in the idea
that there is still plenty of time.

So,
once I woke princess Judy up,
and finally got her moving,
we started the grad day at the laundromat.
hahahhahha
Unwisely we had put off laundry this week,
so realizing I was wearing a white dress.....
well perhaps black or red unmentionables was inappropriate.

So we decided to have breakfast
at the "pam's diner" on Ross St.
We were pleasantly surprised.
Good food and lots of it,
reasonable prices 
and right beside the laundromat.


Then it was on!
We had hair appointments,
hotel arrangements, fuel for the truck, 
flower bouquet to order (oops) and pick up later,
a dress to finish altering,
a husband to get cleaned up and rested,
presents to wrap,
clothes to iron,
showers to take
and a cake to finish decorating.
All before everyone started arriving at 4pm.


It all got done,
and by 4:30 everyone was seated at the table
in the Roadhouse on Talbot St.
Corsages were handed out, 
gifts given,
dinners ordered,
and the cake cut.
It was 6pm and we had a graduate to get to the stage.



After finally finding seats
we sat through a mass,
which seemed to take forever because we all wanted
to see the diplomas's being handed out!

Finally Judy was crossing the stage.
I was so happy,
it did not matter who had tried to stomp 
on my jelly beans earlier,
I cheered and smiled and watched my little girl
become a High School Graduate.



We are very thankful for everyone who came,
who wanted to come,
or who cheered from the sidelines.

The night seemed to NOT be finsihed!
So Cailyn and I dragged
Judy off to Legends for a celebratory drink.

Judy looked amazing and was getting
hoots and holers from passers by on foot and in cars.
hhhahahha
and found some pretty nice things to look at 
when we got in too!



Thank you to everyone who helped me
celebrate
Judy's accomplishment.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts