March 31st 2020

If you like your spuds, National Tater Day on March 31st is for you! The day recognizes all kinds of potatoes which provide us with essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Potatoes are quite versatile, which might explain why so many people like them. They are the number one consumed vegetable and when you consider how many ways we can eat the over 200 different kinds of potatoes, you shouldn’t be surprised.

I celebrated with mashed potatoes!
John made meatloaf
And mounds of mashed potatoes.

I was up early,
Got the fresh groceries
- salad etc - we were out of
And was an hour early
To see Dad.
He was happy that I bought him
A hydrangea for him to give mom
-and she was thrilled to get it.
Did a porch drop delivery then
Bought a turkey on the way home
And that was enough.
Back to safety.

I ate lunch
Baked some cookies
And then went down for the count
At 4pm with a Crohn's attack.

The only way to describe the pain
Is menstrual cramps
-On steroids.
I was ushered up to bed,
Given pain killers and told to "stay"
Which I was not arguing about.

Served supper 
And I spent the evening
Being brilliant about 
The upcoming week's challenges.

Now my eyes want to close
So I will give in.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts