March 26th 2020

An exhausting day.

Most of you seen the news,
so you know there was an "incident"
across the street at 6am.

You probably also know that
I reported the gun shots
and photographed a vehicle
when it happened.

I spent yesterday in a trance.
I got the call at 11am
while visiting Dad through the glass,
that I was wanted at the police station
to be interviewed about it.

By the time I finally got home after,
our entire street was blockaded
by police with assault rifles,
police dogs sniffing everywhere
and police doing a grid search
and house to house interviews.

Yeah it was a day.
The stories I have heard reported
do not match what we have been told
or know cause we were there.

Yes gunfire
Yes they locked down the street
No bullet riddled cars
No person shot
Yes house is still under surveillance
Yes car was found
Yes I am still scared.

I want to thank everyone who reached out
last night to check on us.

I slept all night 9:30pm to 10am
I was so exhausted.
Up a few times but right back to sleep.

I refuse to look out the front door
as seeing the police monitoring
that house creeps me out.

We are both fine
and plan to enjoy a nicer day today,
as yesterday sucked.

Good morning from John Street




Comments

Popular Posts