Dec 9th 2019

Kissing under the mistletoe. Mistletoe was hung up at Christmas, and the young men would have the privilege of kissing the girls under it, plucking a berry from the bush each time. When the berries were all plucked the privilege ceased. We moderns have conveniently forgotten the part about plucking the berries (which, incidentally, are poisonous), and then desist from kissing under the mistletoe when the berries run out.

I was all in this 
Ready to hit the floor running 
And accomplish a ton.
Not John, he didn"t feel good
And ended up sleeping until 1pm.
So I did chores and "straightened up" .
I made my neighbourhood cards
And delivered them too.
I made some personalized cards
For Valleyview staff and friends.
I managed to find the 2 fireplace trees
And got them fluffed and lit too.
Supper tonight was hot beef
And was soooo yummy.
Some laundry, some cleaning
And thankfully...
John emptied and dealt with the 3 totes
That had water damage.
Naturally it was my Disney bin.
I have a list for tomorrow,
Including coke as I am out!!!
A drop in visit from friends tonight
Was a nice change of pace,
Too bad John was sleeping again.
I spent the evening fiddling.
I am actually sitting here
Wishing I was in bed
And just too lazy to go.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts