Dec 21st 2019

In Ukranian homes there are two tablecloths on the table. The plain bottom one is for the visiting spirits of the dead, while the top one is where the family eats. A blessing of straw is placed between the tablecloths and on the floor under the table to represent the manger. Sometimes candy and coins are hidden in the straw for the children to find after the meal.

I finally slept.
I was awake and then fell asleep
Waking back up at 10am - soaking wet.
Whatever I had has left.

A quick shower and work clothes
And I set my sights on finishing the wrapping.
I gave myself until noon.
It was very apparent quickly
I had underestimated how long
It was going to take to complete this job!!!
A quick ??? Run out to komoka 
To pick up a gift and back to work.
At 7pm I was done only missing 3 items
One of which can't be picked up
Until early next week.

I baked a small batch of treats 
To deliver tomorrow.

At 8pm I was off with a rather large
Grocery list, a coke and a plan.
Wal-Mart was open until 10pm
And Superstore until midnight...
Finish grocery shopping and gifts!

At 10:30 I was done.
John unloaded everything
And I put it away - the only missing item 
Comes from bulk barn (tomorrow)
As it was not open late.
Then I headed back to finish the wrapping.

At 11:30 I was making hand designed
Christmas ornaments for gifts
And at midnight we finished straightening
The kitchen and called it a night.

Success!
My deadline was midnight.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts