Dec 28th 2019

To banish any ill fortune or bad things that happened in the past year, Ecuadorians set fire to scarecrows filled with paper at midnight on New Year’s Eve. They also burn photographs of things that represent the past year, which leads us to believe that New Year is just a thinly veiled excuse for Ecuadorian pyromaniacs to set things on fire.

So not much to report.

I lost the bed to John at 9am
And put on clean pjs
Combed my hair and went downstairs.

I spent over 90%
Of the day right there in the recliner.
I drank ginger,
Chatted with some people
Who could actually leave their homes,
Watched tv
And ate.....constantly.

I did fold 1 load of laundry,
Washed 3 and hung them
And ran the dishwasher.

Mom came over to ensure
My butt was resting
And was happy to find me
Doing exactly that.

John slept most of the day
But did make us a late supper
Of pasta and meat sauce.

Now at 10pm, I have a fever.
It's low grade so i am medicated
And have orders to go to sleep.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts