January 5th 2019

There is something
Incredibly exciting about
Knowing
You have the whole day to yourself.

John "will" be home
But sleeping from 10 to 3
And then off to a guys night out
Of poker and beer.

I will be FINALLY playing
In my beautiful craft room.
So excited.

Yesterday was a bust.
I woke up tired,
Was almost T boned at 11am...
Like seconds and a spin out almost.
Cleaned the condo garage.
Cleaned the front yard of dog poop.
Gathered her garbage and recycling.
Sat waiting for an appointment
Mom had to go to because
I arrived to early.
Sat through her therapy.
Went and picked up a piece
Of equipment for her excercises.
Dropped her off.
Home for some late lunch.
Folded, hung another
And started another load of laundry.
Back to pick her up.
Stopped at Popeyes
And dropped her at Valleyview
For supper with Dad.
Went to her bank in Aylmer.
Did some banking of my own
But here in St Thomas.
Grabbed some groceries
For the entire weekend+.
Returned a garage door opened
At Canadian Tire for Mom.
Picked Mom up again.
Drove back to the condo (again)
Put out her garbage and recycling,
Transfered my groceries
And loaded up more of the items
I had at the condo.
Stopped for celery at Foodland
Beause I forgot it and needed it for
A recipe I was making.
Put away groceries.
John and I made a massive supper.
Burritos, Mexican rice and Taco salad.
Then we cleaned the kitchen.
I grabbed pjs and crashed.

Before long I was soooo cold
I ended up going to bed,
Where I first had to
Make our bed,
Put away laundry,
Rebox 14 days of meds I inadvertently
Dropped on the floor!
And grab some new books.

Then created a 12 challenge event
For the girls tomorrow.
All the hourly posts are ready
So as not to intrude too much
In my own play time!

I crashed at that point.
And that brings me to now
8:30am Saturday morning.
Excited about my wonderful day ahead.

How can the idea of one day off
Bring so much joy to my heart?

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts