SEPTEMBER 7

September 7th 2017

A brisk day today.
I dressed in a sleeveless top
when I got up this morning,
ready for a ridiculously busy day,
but almost changed
when I headed to the car.

Job one today was the usual:
make bed
start load of laundry
feed and let out animals
get dressed
make to do list

Then the Thursday chores:
banking
donuts with Dad
check gas prices (holy crap man)
and today pick up rug cleaner

Today being the first Thursday
of my new way to do chores,
includes re-adding: help Mom.
She has a running list of things
she can't do herself,
so until we started the quilt in May,
I had been going there after seeing Dad.

Before starting chores,
a friend and I gathered pinecones
for some fall crafts
and John snuck over and used
the carpet cleaner to fix one stain
on Mom's new basement carpet successfully.

Mom is having a guest to stay this weekend,
and after the sweltering july and august,
the condo needed a quick (?) overhaul.

I started in the basement,
so she did not have to lug
any cleaning equipment
up and down the stairway.
After setting up the guest room,
and doing a quick clean,
I headed to the pool room 
and family room to vacuum and dust.
A quick check for towels etc
in the bathroom,
and the lower floor was done.

The main floor having been vacuumed,
then only required general tidying 
and a lot of dusting.

By 4 pm,
we had a handle on the house,
and decided to get the hand rolled
croquettes made. 
I rolled the filling and Mom breaded them.
About 6 dozen, 3 each
for our freezers.

I folded a load of laundry,
we got the dishes done
and I left a very tired Mom
to relax for the night
knowing the house was clean
and ready for her company to arrive.

Quick pit stop to pick up
some new-to-me storage
and a quick visit to a friend's new studio.

I popped in to Subway
and grabbed 3/$21 subs for supper.
How can we think this is a great deal,
when the same sub used to be a $5 combo????

Home, I unpacked the car
and got the meats into the freezer.
John and I sat watching reruns
eating our semi-healthy dinner.

At 8:30,
John grabbed the carpet cleaner
and all the attachments
and headed for our sectional
that very much needed a cleaning.

I folded a load, hung a load
and started a new load of laundry,
loaded the dishwasher and started it,
put away the clean laundry
and got my pjs on.

Now I sit writing this blog 
in plenty of time to make my goal
of bed by 10pm.....
and suddenly realizing I forgot
to order my meds to pick up today.....
darn it.

Ok, before I go up,

I guess I will learn their new online service 
and do that for pickup tomorrow!

All in all 
a day full of accomplishments.
I stuck to my new schedule
and quite happy that very soon,
my house will start looking
like I like it to again.

Hope your breezy Thursday
was successful too!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts