SEPTEMBER 5

September 5th 2017

Well hello from my first day.

I have been studying a book
for 8 months now.
It is called the Happiness Project.
I have had many "wow" moments
while reading the book.

A few months ago,
I realized that if I treat my actual life
and chores like a job,
giving myself days off 
and rewards for jobs well done,
I was less likely to live in a pig-sty,
be doing chores 24/7,
or worse
feel my actual existence meant nothing.

Today,
with the start of back to school,
I am off to a good start.
John was in a helpful kind of mood too,
so we have the house ALMOST
back in acceptable shape,
AND
we have a plan of attack
to keep up with the chores.

I now have Wednesdays and Saturdays OFF,
while he has Sundays, Tuesdays
and Fridays OFF.

Slowly today we got the plan together
and even had a bbq supper
AT THE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom had been invited,
we were just finishing cleaning 
the table off and loading the dishwasher,
when we were reminded that there was
a Quarterpalooza on tonight.

So we popped over.
Caroline ran over
and only missed the first auction,
which is fine because she won
3 different auctions
and Mom won 2 more.

I got home and I am planning
to keep up my "work schedule"
by being in bed by 10pm at night.

Super successful day.
Enjoying this awesome weather.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts