SEPTEMBER 12

September 12th 2017

Oh what a day
when your phone rings at 8am, 
announcing that your Dad is being
rushed to the hospital asap.

This time though,
I packed for it.
I knew to grab a cooler bag,
water, drinks, granola bars
and Tylenol (lots).

I spent the next 10 minutes 
making phone calls and texts,
to advise the peeps of the situation.

We got to the hospital
moments after he did,
because I needed caffeine
and some timbits to keep going.

When we were allowed in
he was still incoherent
but sleeping with good numbers.
The oxygen was turned down
and every 10 minutes
we spent time getting him to tell us
who he was and where he was...
some answers were not necessarily
what we were looking for
but they were definitely interesting.

The doctor came in and told us
it was indeed pneumonia again,
but in fact his kidneys
were in good shape
and it had been caught early this time.

He would be staying but not in ICU.

I managed to drag
Mom home about 12:30
so she get eat and relax.
She was taking the supper shift.

I went home and ate and took a nap.
Then I got in ear and got todays chores
done and supper made.
Packed my kit and was off
to painting class.

About 8pm,
we popped over on break
to Costo where I stocked up
on basics medications (finally)
and then went back to finish
tracing out my quilt squares
(butterflies this time).

We grabbed sundaes at McD's
and headed to see Mom's new door
which....... never happened today!
They were supposed to be there at 3
but couldn't make it....
excellent! she got more rest than
I had originally hoped she would.

Got home by 10,
ran to hop into bed on time....
does it still count if I spent the next hour
organizing a bit of tomorrow
when we are going to play

BUBBLE SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now I am all done my organizing,
chores are done,
class complete..... and its time for sleep.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts