SEPTEMBER 3

September 3rd 2017

I woke up 
and once my feet hit the floor,
I didn't stop until almost 9pm.

First job was to surprise Mom
at church to hear them congratulate
the 55 years one more time.

John and I headed home
and had breakfast together.
Mom stopped by and we drove her home.
She was wearing a long skirt today
and was worried about driving,
so John was going to pick her up.

I did my hair and makeup
and it was time to finish up 
packing food and decor into the car(s).

I made a quick trip 
to the Dollar store,
and John headed off to Valleyview.
We met up about 15 minutes later.

Decorating the hall took
about 2 hours (as expected)
and after realizing that the weather
was going to hold and we could 
use the courtyard for the reception after all,
I made quick work of setting that up.

People started arriving,
after Dad made his entrance.
Mom arrived soon after.
We had a lovely 2 hours outside.

Then we were off to the dining room
for a luncheon and entertainment.
Everyone seemed to have fun 
and enjoyed themselves.

Dad lost his get up and go
around 7:30pm
and we sent him to bed
happy about the whole day.

We packed up the last bag 
just after 8pm.
We had to make a return trip 
as I forgot my phone.... argghh.

Home and posted the photos.
Many good ones  too.

Now every part of my body
is screaming at me.
The food is all put away
and I am calling it a night.

Mom is happily exhausted and in bed too.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts