MAY 4

May 4th 2017

Yuck.
I hate waking up feeling awful.
Not sure what is up
but a yucky, painful tummy
is very annoying.

I was awake at 3 and took pain meds,
7 and took more,
abruptly awoken at 9:30am
out of a very deep sleep
and felt..... for lack of a better word
GROSS!

A phone call got me out of bed.
Mom needed to be at pre-op
for 10:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As she did not want to pay for parking,
I was recruited.
I went and got her,
dropped her off,
ran off to Spicers to grab donuts
and went to see Dad
(its a Thursday morning thing now).

He has a new physio therapist
who actually worked with him
for almost 30 minutes today!
HE is making him get up,
walk properly,
stand and sit without help...
and hopes to have him on his cane
by the end of the month!

When he headed off for lunch,
I went and did the banking,
ordered my medications,
got a couple quotes on stuff for
this weekends renovations,
and then got the call to go get Mom.

We headed for Al's pizza
and had lunch at the counter
while Judy worked away.
It was quite a nice visit.

Got Mom home,
tried to pick up my meds (not ready)
and headed to my own home.
Folded some laundry
stuffed a turkey and threw it in the oven,
and curled up on the sofa
with my Mickey blanket (thanks Linda).
My intention was a nap,
at 3:30 John was up
and I gave in and went to bed...
FINALLY
as it was just not happening
and I looked like a zombie.

I slept pretty deep but was up at 5pm
to make gravy and debone the turkey.
We headed to Mom's
who had made veggies and mashed potatoes.
NICE mid week dinner.
A turkey always makes
the dinner feel special.
John says we do it too often now!

He wants a pot roast.

John did 4 chores for Mom
while I cleaned up the kitchen.
Made mom a big bowl
of the makings
for hot turkey sandwiches,
packed up leftovers for the freezer,
and then I sat.
I really needed some tums.
John started yawning,
so I got him home to nap
before he heads for work at 11pm.

Spent a bit of time organizing
this Saturday's road trip.
We are off to sign up
for my first quilting class!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then a bunch of pit stops
around south London
and then home.

Supposed to be yucky weather
so no sense sitting wishing 
we could be outside doing something,
and we might as well get our errands all done.

I am happy with my accomplishments
this week and how productive
I have been when feeling...
again lack of a better word,
GROSS.

Kitchen clean,
another load of laundry done, nothing more to report.

I am going to do a little reading
and then to sleep
when John leaves for work.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts