MAY 15

May 15th 2017


WOW!
Up by 7am,
had to go get Mom to the hospital
for her surgery today.
She was less nervous about it,
than I am about getting Remicade!

We were there on time,
and got settled into
the pre-op area cubicle.

They wheeled her out
and I popped out for some lunch,
cheap burgers at Legends day.
When I got back,
I only had to wait about 20 minutes,
before they wheeled her out of PACU
(whatever the hell that is)
and we all headed for her room.

Your mind plays all kinds
of nasty games with you
while you wait.
I had a mini panic attack
about BEING IN the hospital.
No immune system.
I quickly realized I was over-thinking
and got control again.

Got Mom all settled in to her room
(private) and they got her some lunch.
She was wide awake,
said she had no pain
and was quite cheerful.
I set up her stuff,
found her slippers and books,
and headed home... NOPE!

Off to Valleyview,
as CN Crossing was not answering
their phone (for 45 minutes),
and Dad would be worried
as it was almost 3pm,
and we hadn't reached him
to let him know everything went great.
He was very happy I had stopped,
and I headed home... pooped.

Got home only to realize
I forgot to pick up Tinker,
who had been home alone since 8:30am.
John quickly let me know,
he had in fact let him out earlier.
I still had to go get him though.

Off I went again.
Tinker and I had a snack
and watched some tv
and some P&Q before heading back.

My stomach was in knots.
Most pain I have had in a L-O-N-G time.
I was whimpering
and assuming I was bothering John,
I headed upstairs,
where some meds and laying out flat
seemed to help.

I am still laying here.
I was sore not tired!
Tomorrow is another busy day though
so sleep is necessary.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts