MAY 1

May 1st 2017

Remicade day.
7am is too ugly for me.
The infusion seemed to take
F-O-R-E-V-E-R

but I was on my way
by 11:30 ready to tackle
another 4 weeks.

First stop was N London No Frills
where I stocked up
on basics we were out of.
Great sale to hit too
and I grabbed a turkey too!
It was pouring rain
when I went to leave....
soaked right through.

Headed on home
to put away my treasures,
only to realize how many
of those great deals
would stock up my pantry!

Soon I was off
to the Lambeth No Frills,
with a co-pilot and a plan.
Once we walked in,
it was just ridiculous!
If we said we needed rice,
when we got to the aisle
there would be the item
with a big pink 50% off on it.

My cart was packed!

Home again,
I started the work of putting away
the items from the second trip,
and rearranging the cupboards.

I was doing some practical cooking,
prepping meals for this week,
and trying to clean my kitchen...
all the while trying NOT to beat
my poor hubby into a pulp.

He starts a new shift at work today
and has spent most of
the first day of May
whining about it!!!!!!!!!!!

After I got him to stock
the pop fridge (yes I have one)
I sent him off for a nap,
and headed out once more
this time for Freshco
as I had bought no fresh veggies etc.
When I got home
the second time,
I found everything had needed
to go to the composter!

My daughter does not believe
the Tupperware veggie savers work,
and so I had a drawer of veggies
(she had bought) rotting away.

Tomorrow is all about ground beef.
I am making meatballs, mini meatloaves
and precooked ground beef for tacos etc.

Not sure what else I will get up to,
but I do know.....
the dining room table will be unearthed
from under all this stuff!!!!!!!!!

I even have pack my travel bag
for my 3 day course next week.

Now
my back is saying go get a
good night's sleep
and get ready to work tomorrow.

Good night from John Street
where the weather has NO IDEA
what it wants to do!

Comments

Popular Posts