MAY 3

May 3rd 2017

Well,
moving forward with my
"its about me" plan,
found me on the road by 8:45am.

Picked up my co-pilot
and hit a sports equipment sale
out in east London.
Having found what we want,
we headed back
happy with our purchases.

As we neared my home base,
we tried to pick up a passenger
but she needed to do
laundry more than play with us,
so we headed for Sparta
to check out a scrapbook sale.

I did not spend as much
as I usually do at Scrapfest
in April every year,
so I think I was behaved.
Found some lovely stuff.

Heading back for the
good old town of St Thomas.
I headed right for LDO
where I, after helping a friend
do some project packing
for our upcoming class next week,
was part of a lovely, fruitful, 
animated conversation,
that will result in a bit of fun
for this coming summer!

Once I got home,
I sent some emails
that I promised to do today,
posted some photos,
and then headed for the kitchen.

After making from scratch
50 meatballs,
6 hamburgers,
9 mini meatloaves
and 1 full size meatloaf...
I got the dishwasher loaded
JUST AS
John walked in with our first
barbequed burgers of the season.

We loaded them up
and had homemade mac salad
with them before devouring
the rest of the carrot cake!

We watched some of
Pirates of the Carribean #2,
as we get ready for the release
of the new one on May 26th.

On a break,
we worked together
to get the kitchen back in order.

Then,
John was off for his nap before work,
so I ran out to Freshco.
I thought I had a lot of ground beef earlier
and realized I used up
what I had bought for chili!

When I got back
I prepped a large pot of chili
and 2 large for the freezer,
then melted a large Tupperware bowl
by turning on the wrong burner!
Boiled a bunch of veggies and
made freezer cauliflower soup,
and freezer broccoli soup.
(freezer - no milk or cream added yet)
4 small containers of split pea soup
and fried 4 lbs of ground beef.

When John got up,
he helped me re-clean the kitchen,
load the dishwasher
and wipe down the counter.
Everything is looking clean again.

Tomorrow is all about
roasting a turkey.
Thursday is also donuts with Dad day,
then chores with Mom day,
so it looks like my to do list is full.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts