july7

July 7th 2016

I have lived my entire life
without air conditioning.

I grew up with a pool in the back yard

and fans in the house.

When we bought this house
we continued on with fans
and built a pool
until 3 years ago when John
decided to get rid of it.

This is the first year
I have allowed the a/c in my bedroom.
We have a window unit
and I need to know John
can get some decent sleep during the day
as he works nights.

I also have a small unit in our tv room.
Until today it has not been on.
BUT
holy crapadoodles
I couldn't take the temp any longer.



I had great hopes
of getting some organizing done
but alas,
I stayed hidden all day
and only did some small stuff
that didn't take me out of that room
for very long at all.

I apparently
have become a summer wimp.
I have always preferred
spring and fall temperatures
but I have never suffered so badly
when the weather is like this.

We did BBQ pork tonight
with fresh green beans and spinach noodles.
YUMMMMMMMMM
I did not even use bbq sauce
the pork was tender and delicious.

Judy was at the beach celebrating 11 months
with Greg tonight.

Tomorrow I have plans to stalk
White Oaks Mall in London
to avoid all the sticky humidity
I expect we will have from this rain.


So good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts