july26

July 26th 2016

Would a rock by any other name
be as easily hidden????
















MANY MANY years ago
one of my nephews
signed a rock with a marker,
and hid it in his Uncle's truck
with the instructions
to keep it for a while,
then sign and date it
and sneakily pass it on to another
unsuspecting family member.

Our rock is not special or fancy,
it is not small or large.
It means nothing more
than family to any of us.

The rock has been all over
used as a door stop,
garden ornament
and a decorative greeter
in many family members yards.

It has been hidden in locked vehicles,
diaper bags, and bedrooms.
Some places it has stayed
for long periods of time,
others short quick stops...
and soon it will be wrapped as a wedding gift
for the newest family member's house.

Tonight,
after playing with my cricut (scrapbooking)
all night with the girls.
I came home and decided,
as it was nice outside,
to straighten up my truck....
I was putting away the trailer hitch
John used this weekend
when I found it.....

the rock.

It has apparently been hiding in the trunk
storage compartment
for weeks now!

So,
for a few weeks, it will adorn my garden
and then be wrapped
amongst all the perfectly wrapped
wedding gifts and envelopes
at my Godson's wedding.

What a giggle everyone will have
when it arrives at its new temporary home
in Welland this coming month.
Then it will be their turn
to continue this tradition.


Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts