july22

July 22nd 2016

A rather odd day for me.
It was H-O-T....
but I was ok.

Image result for comfortable in heat

I slept really late
as I was really comfy
and dead tired.
When I finally got going
I showered and gave my hair
an intense do-over.
Through the hot days
it is just pulled up and clipped,
so it was really knotted.
The advantage/disadvantage
of permed hair.
After 20 minutes of detangler and work
I was smooth and ready for mousse.

I got ready for my "date"
with Judy tonight
and even put on a skirt!
AND
painted my toes.

The afternoon was spent doing small things
and staying cool.

Judy got off early
due to heat and construction
at the armouries,
so she headed up
and by 4:30
we were off to one of the 5 places
we intended to get the items
on our premade list.

1) Lens Mills.
A successful hunt and thankfully
a short visit as the store is muggy.
We found the purple flowers
and silver flowers we wanted.

2) Tender Tootsies.
Successful for Judy but not me.
I did find walking shoes I loved,
but alas, I would have had a blister
on one of my feet very quickly
if my feet swell up
like they normally do!


3) Michaels.
Success again!
We got the cardstock I wanted
and some décor for the anniversary party.

4) Party City.
Wow we were on a roll.
We found all the specialty cards
we need until the end of September,
AND
the 25th anniversary napkins I wanted.

5) Taco Bell.
Our planned dining experience.
We do not have one in St Thomas anymore
so it is a treat when we are in London.
Judy had never tasted their
caramel apple pie.....
Yupp she will get it next time.

Then it was time to head home.
I did all this without the aid
of the wheelchair.
(although it was there jic)

We got home to find John up
and we all watched a program
on what the last Michael Jackson tour
would have looked like.
They had the rehearsal videos.

Now it is time to head to bed.
Tomorrow is John's bonfire,
come over and toast a marshmallow.

Image result for bonfire clip art

I have to get up and clean
as no one can see my house like this.


Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts