july4

July 4th 2016

Remicade day.

Not my favourite day
but it no longer brings on the panic
that it used to.

I had the alarm set,
and then realized,
it was not a 9am appointment
it was at 1pm.
So I went back to sleep.


I did get up
and did a few chores
and ate breakfast.
Then it was off to North London.

The trip is usually 30 - 45 minutes.
THIS was not the case
as I hit numerous construction areas
that I had every intention
of avoiding on the way home.

I got there early enough
that the nurses were still eating their lunches.
So I trotted down to my doctors office
who naturally were on lunch too.
That would have to wait.

IV in I set myself up with my laptop
for a three hour wait until I was done.
My infusion now has to be done in 2 bags
as there is too much medication
to be added to just one,
so it takes a bit longer now.

I made a pit stop
at No Frills on the way home
as I had been thinking about cake all day.
I was in the meat section
when I ran into the most fantastic deal.
Sweet Italian sausage burgers
(we just tried last week)
were on sale for 97 cents lb.
BUT
actually they were on sale
for 97 cents a pack of 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup.
So I bought 8 packs.
Guess what we had for supper?

It is an early night here.
Remicade day is always exhausting.


So Good Night from John Street









Comments

Popular Posts